APPROVED BY CITY COUNCIL-1988/UPDATED 1991
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF PLAN OBJECTIVES
· Inspection of all properties in the project area
· Acquisition of properties infeasible for rehabilitation or inappropriate to the purposes of the plan
· Provision of financial and technical assistance for rehabilitation
· Complete the design and construction of the widening of Church Street
· Implement street improvement program including widened streets, repaving, curbs, gutter, sidewalks, storm drainage, and street trees
· Improve sanitary sewer and water service
BRIEF DESCRIPTON OF IMPLEMENTED ACTIVITIES
· Acquired 60 parcels
· Relocated 44 displaced residents and businesses
· Demolished 37 structures
· Completed 13 Rehabilitation Loans
· Completed site improvements
· Established Mid-town Revolving Loan Program
· Provided loans to 7 businesses
· Provided 7 Facade Improvement Grants
TOTAL AMOUNT OF INVESTMENTS TRHOUGH FISCAL YEAR 2008
PLAN STATUS/RECOMMENDATIONS AND ANTICIPATED EXIT DATE
· One (1) property identified in the plan has yet to be acquired to be acquired.
· Complete street/ site improvements adjacent to the remaining Authority owned parcel.
· Dispose of one (1) property
There is one new development that is being undertaken by the private sector with the assistance of NRHA adjacent to the remaining parcel owned by NRHA. This development will require infrastructure improvements. It is anticipated that this project will begin in late 2009 and will be completed in early 2011.
Staff would recommend closing this plan in 2011 once the last remaining parcel is developed and supporting infrastructure improvements are completed.
- About NRHA
- Meet Our Team
- Statistical Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Freedom of Information Act
- News and Events