How do I transfer a Housing Choice Voucher to Norfolk from another city?

If you are already in the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) and want to transfer to Norfolk, Va., please submit a Request to Transfer to your current housing authority. If the staff there determines that you’re eligible to transfer, they will forward your portability package to NRHA. Once you know that they’ve sent us your package, please contact us to schedule an appointment. Our goal is to make an appointment with you within 10 days of your contacting us.

When requesting a transfer to Norfolk, please provide your current housing authority with the following information:

Norfolk Redevelopment & Housing Authority
P.O. Box 968
Norfolk, VA 23501

Attn: Gail Austin
Phone: (757) 314-1638
Fax: (757) 314-1307

©2017 Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority  NRHA Webmail

NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION - NRHA provides equal housing and employment opportunities for all persons. NRHA does not discriminate against any applicant, resident or employee on the basis of disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, familial status or national origin in the admission, access or operations of programs, services or activities. NRHA complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. An internal grievance procedure is available to resolve complaints. If you feel you have been discriminated against, you have the right to file a complaint of discrimination  by calling toll free (888) 799-2085. Qualified individuals who need communication aids, services or other accommodations to participate in programs and activities are invited to make your needs known to the 504/ADA Coordinator, Kim Thomas (757) 623-1111. Please give NRHA at least seven to ten days advance notice to meet your needs