Founded in 1940, NRHA is the largest redevelopment and housing authority in Virginia and is a national leader in real estate development and property management. WIth a $100 million annual capital and operating budget, NRHA's exceptional staff of 350 works with Norfolk citizens to continually renew and revitalize the city.
Quality housing choices in neighborhoods where you want to live.
Provide quality housing opportunities that foster sustainable mixed-income communities.
1. Quality Housing Opportunities for All - NRHA is committed to providing a continuum of housing options for households of all incomes seeking housing.
2. Sustainable Mixed-Income Communities - There is a need for a new housing model to create a healthy physical and social environment that would appeal to a wider range of incomes.
3. Strategic Business Approach - To meet changing requirements and to make the best use of our resources, we are developing a new approach for the delivery of products and services.
4. Community Support and Engagement - Recognizing the interrelated nature of our mission, NRHA resolves to work to become a trusted partner that works collaboratively with key stakeholders and partners.
Values are “the principles that govern organizational behavior and the way in which we do business.” While NRHA already had a set of six values with definitions for each, an employee-led team decided that some values should remain, while others should be added or redefined.
The new list of values is:
- Customer Service
This forms the acronym ACE IT. This describes colloquially what the organization desires to accomplish by operating under this set of values.
- About NRHA
- Meet Our Team
- Statistical Summary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Freedom of Information Act
- Photo Archive
- News and Events
- Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
- Rental Properties
- Rental Properties Map
- Applying for Assisted-Rental Housing
- Resident Services
- Housing Choice Vouchers
- Norfolk Housing Referral Program
- Tenant Management Council
- Annual Plan
- HCV Administrative Plan
- Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy